I’ve decided to actually sit down and figure out what I want my life to look like next year. I’m normally not one for New Year’s resolutions; I tend to do that sort of “life reviewing” stuff around my birthday. However, for whatever reason, possibly due to seeing other people’s plans/resolutions on tumblr and elsewhere or because I’m just in that sort of mode at the moment, I’m going to write out what I want to do (and continue doing) in 2012.
First off, I want to continue doing some things that I’ve been good (or relatively good) at keeping up this year:
- writing and making zines
- full moon potluck hangouts
- zine reading/skimming group
- reading books and zines
- my self-portrait project: It ends on 02/21/2012, but I think I’m going to do a themed version after that, possibly on self care.
At the moment, these are the things I need to keep saying to myself in 2012:
- Take pictures. I used to carry my camera around with me everywhere, and I’d like to start doing that again. I really miss it.
- Be sluttier. 2010 was pretty slutty for me, which was sometimes great and sometimes not. 2011 started out (literally on January 1st) with someone being shitty to me, which I think set the tone for me being very tentative in that arena. I’m hoping 2012 is far nicer.
- Make (and send) mail art. I found Good Mail Day really inspiring and would like to try to make postcards, letters, and envelopes that are interesting and fun to look at.
- Do yoga. Recently, I’ve been letting my relatively new home practice slip, so I want to get back into doing that and going to class consistently. I feel much better, happier, and more stable when I’m practicing regularly.
- Keep track of one good thing that happens every day. I am totally stealing this idea from my friend, Heather.
- Make gifts for Xmas throughout the year. I felt weird this year because a few folks gave me gifts and I hadn’t gotten them anything. I also half-assed and/or didn’t really plan the few gifts I did give. Mostly, I want to be more thoughtful and deliberate if I’m going to give people gifts.
And, although I have no plans on how to make these happen, my life would be so much if I managed them:
- Sell my house.
- Get a new job.